FAHRenergy Banner

Contact Us

Go to home page

To reduce the energy consumption of the European Union the European countries
have decided to enforce the Energy Performance of Buildings (EPBD).
In the UK this is done by demanding an Energy Performance Certificate as part of the HIP
(Home Information Package).

Which buildings need an EPC
An EPC is required when a building is constructed, rented or sold. A building will need an EPC if it
has a roof and walls and uses energy to ‘condition an indoor climate’. This means it has heating, air
conditioning or mechanical ventilation. Demanded in al EU from 01Jan2009.

A brief extract from the Energy Certificate:
  1. Allowed energy consumption is limited to 75kwh per square meter dwelling area (Varies from place to place).
  2. Forced fresh air of 1.25 cubic meter per square meter dwelling area to improve health.
Note: 1.25 cubic meter fresh air per square meter dwelling area demands Fresh Air Heat Recovery to keep
your energy consumption below the maximum energy allowance.

Energy Certificate Links:
UK Energy Certificate
Sweden Energy Declaration

Svensk: Lag om energideklaration (utdrag)
UK: Extract Buiilding Regulations Document F, p.11
  Shop           Health        General       How To (D.I.Y.)    Specification     Installation     Efficiency      Maintenance     
 --- Welcome to FAHRenergy's EU Energy Certificate Links  ---
 Energy Certificate